Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pancakes and Toppings

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! If I ever miss breakfast, you can be sure that it was not an idea of mine...and if I haven't eaten my breakfast within an hour of waking, I'm probably sick.
: )

I make pancakes a lot and try my very best to add some nutrition to them.

Topping #1 - Fruit

 I really like to heat up frozen blueberries for a yummy topping. Sliced bananas and strawberries is my second favorite.

Topping #2 - Chia gel syrup

I've been adding Chia gel to our syrup. We use maple syrup (which is getting so expensive) so adding the chia gel helps cut cost and even better....it adds nutrition and good texture. 

Chia gel (1 3/4 tbs chia seeds to 1 c. cold water....wisk and let sit for 10 - 20 minutes)



Toppings #3 - Yogurt (my favorite is Stoneyfield Organic Lowfat (or whole) Vanilla)

I love to add a spoon full of yogurt to my pancakes too but alas, I had no yogurt this morning. 

Equal parts yogurt/chia seeds/maple syrup tastes amazing on pancakes! 

....after posting this, we may have to have pancakes for dinner too haha.